June 9, 2010

Keep It Simple

I was just reading the Big Indiana Bass blog and saw an interesting post he did about an article called "Fishing tip, or just overload?" It's about how too much information can sometimes hurt when bass fishing.  I am guilty of this and always have the latest techniques and equipment, but usually fall back to my old standby's.  The article focuses on beginning anglers, but I think it has some valid points that all fisherman should look at.  The biggest thing I took from the article was this: "It boils down to: if you have confidence in a specific lure, worm or rig, you'll catch more fish because you know how to work it, what a bite feels like as opposed to hitting the bottom, catching up on weeds, or bumping wood."

Gain confidence and go fishing!

2 comments:

MNAngler said...

That's great advice. I've been criticized for being one-dimensional with my use of a Zoom super fluke. But if I can consistently catch fish on it, why not?

With that said, I would like to expand my repertoire and intend to do so this summer. Hopefully, not to the detriment of my success.

TBRINKS said...

I could fish anywhere in the world with just a fluke. That's a great bait to be "one dimensional with". I like being versatile, but feel like I can catch a fish on soft plastics year round.

Archive