July 14, 2010

Sunline's New FX2 Frogging and Flipping Braid

Since I'm not at ICAST this year I have been scouring the websites covering the show to see what I'm missing.  So far it seemed like every other year that I have been there; a few new lines from Berkely, a few new reels from Shimano, some new rods.  These are the same things that always get the attention and praise, but I just saw something from Sunline that caught my attention.  The Japanese line company is well know for producing great flurocarbon, but they have a new braided line that fits my style, its called FX2 Froggin and Flipping.  Two of my favorite ways to fish.   Bassmaster.com is 100% correct when they say "nothing's tougher on line than frogging and flipping."  These two techniques really shred the braid. FX2 is "a combination of polyethylene and polyethylene terephthalate. It's an 8-strand braid that's circular."  Sounds really technical to me, I want to try it to see if it works.  Dean Rojas, the frog master, was recently added to the Sunline Pro-Staff and they say he was a big part of the development and will now be a big part of the promotion of the new line.  I don't know any of the details about the cost or when it will be available but I'm interested in getting a spool.

1 comment:

Basspastor said...

My guess is it will be Daiwa Samurai expensive.

Archive