August 31, 2010

Get Your Punch On With the Miller Punchin' Weight





Since moving to Florida two years ago, I have completely changed how I fish for bass. Previously, I lived in Nevada and Washington State. These two states couldn't have been more different than my new home state of Florida. One technique I had to adapt to was Punchin' the grass. I have really started to like this technique, especially with things like the Paycheck Punch Skirt. In my opinion, there is no better way to get those quality fish that everyone else misses. My new favorite tool is the Miller Punchin Weight. The unique design of the bait was something I had never seen before, but it makes punchin' so easy anybody can do it. The California bass anglers have really started using this on the Delta and have been doing awesome with it. I follow everything they do out there, because it is only a matter of time before it catches fire in the rest of the country, and now it's time for everyone to take notice. This thing works.

I have been playing with the weights for a few weeks now and am really starting to feel comfortable using it. It comes in 3/4 oz, 1oz, 1.5 oz, and the monster 2 oz for the thickest of cover. The weight is made out of brass and comes in unpainted or the "Punchin Green" color. My weight of choice is the 1.5 ounce in the green color. I was able to punch it into the thick mats of hydrilla, the mixed eel grass and all of the hyacinths of Lake Okeechobee.

Like I said earlier, it is so easy to use. All you need to do is pitch on top of the mat, shake it a litle and the weight will do the rest. The pointed end of the weight slices through the mat and sinks right on top of the bass. The inventor of the weight, Danny Miller, wrote an article about how to use it. You can see it posted here.

If you live anywhere that bass live in thick grass mats, this weight will help you catch more bass. The weights can be purchased directly by clicking here.

No comments:

Archive