August 24, 2010

A New Way to Shaky

One of my go to techniques is definitely the shaky head.  I throw it anytime I need to get a bite when the fishing is tough.  It always come through for me.  I have used every brand you can think of and haven't found one that's perfect for all applications.  Some have the screw (which I like), some don't.  Some come with a collar, some without.  Some have a thin of a hook, and some the hook are just too small.  I just came across a new brand, Moaner Hooks.  They make a few different types of hooks, but I was really drawn to the Stiffy Jig model.  The hook is much more like the extra wide gap hooks I love, and they have a screw.  The head is a stand-up design but looks like it will do well in grass.  You can read more about the Stiffy Jig and order from the site by clicking here.

2 comments:

Matt said...

T Brinks,

I was happy to find this article about the Stiffy Jig. Much like you, I fished with many different kinds of jigs and often found myself looking for a heavier hook with plenty of gap for bigger baits. As you can see, I got tired of searching and created what I was after, hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks,
Matt

TBRINKS said...

Thanks Matt! I look forward to trying it out. Love that beefed up hook. Down here in Florida, any cast can be a ten plus and I would hate to have my hooked straightened out on the fish of a lifetime.

Archive