August 25, 2010

What's Your Favorite Lipless Crank?

I have been talking to some of my buddies and hear they are really starting to catch them on a lipless crankbait down here in Florida.  My next two tournaments are on great lakes for throwing a trap, Okeechobee and Walk-in-Water.  I just picked up a few of the Spro Aruku Shad Jr in my secret colors.  I think this bait is probably my favorite, or at least the one I throw the most.  I also really like the Strike King Red Eye Shad and the Lucky Craft LV 500's as well as the Accent Koza Shad.  I'm not partial to any one brand as they all seem to have their place in my arsenal.  What is your favorite lipless crankbait and why?

4 comments:

Basspastor said...

Cordell Spot

Cheap and effective. Caught more bass on these than any other kind.

The bad thing about lipless cranks up here is the pike like to take them off your hands.

TBRINKS said...

The Cordell Spot is a good one for the money. I got some last year when they were like 88 cents at Wal-Mart. I guess when you live around Pike you have to think differently.

Unknown said...

I gotta agree with Basspastor, I am always thinking about pike. I mostly throw the Red Eye Shad or the Cordell Spot, the Red Eye in deeper water, the Spot in shallower stuff.

TBRINKS said...

Do the Pike affect what Spinnerbaits you throw as well?

Archive