November 7, 2010

A Little Sunday Fishing


Today I woke up and it was windy, cool (by Florida standards) and really just pretty nasty out. I stayed inside most of the day and worked on a few things for the blog and watched the Chargers beat the Texans. After that, I couldn't stay inside any longer. Even though it was a cold front in Florida, the bass were really biting. I only fished for around forty minutes before it was dinner time, but still caught three nice bass. I was fishing pretty slow with a drop-shot and a Roboworm in my favorite color. I was back in the house and ready to eat within an hour. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be able to just fish in my backyard and not have to drive anywhere. I'm really thankful.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice bass. It was cold there, and you were fishing in shorts... cry me a river! =)

The Average Joe Fisherman
http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You are lucky....and I think you are rubbing it in for the friends u moved away from in Washington,with your shorts on even.

TBRINKS said...

It was cold compared to how it's been here. Usually I'm sweating all day. I'm not really complaining though, I still remember those cold days in Washington. The cool weather is good for us, because that means the spawn is right around the corner.

MNAngler said...

Darn right you're lucky.

I can't complain because I can pretty much spit and hit a lake. But in my backyard they are not.

TBRINKS said...

You're right MNAngler, you have 10,000 lakes to choose from. I'm sure Florida is up there too, water is everywhere and it's all full of bass.

Jon @ JustFishingTips.com said...

Fishing in your backyard! Ah you can't beat that.

TBRINKS said...

@Jon- thanks for checking out my blog. Looking forward to seeing your blog as well.

Archive