November 12, 2010

Time to Fish

It seems like I haven't fished a tournament in a long time, but it's only been two weeks.  I have been so busy with everything this weekend's tournament kind of crept up on me.  I'm fishing a local benefit tournament put on by the Cape Coral Bass Club.  It's a benefit for the Sheriff Department's Youth Program.  It's always a fun tournament because it is on the Kennedy Chain in Cape Coral.  This place is full of fish, most aren't very big, but it's Florida so the big fish potential is still there.  I'm excited about it because we always seem to do well when we fish here, in March we fished a night tournament and came in 2nd and also placed 5th two years ago in this same event.  I think we fish a little differently than everyone else and it seems to work.  I don't want to give away all my secrets, but I do have three spinning rods ready to go.  Normally here in Florida I only take one.  I do have a new bait rigged up, it's made by Accent Lures, it's called the Scooter Jig.  I have a finesse sized one rigged up and plan to fish it just like a shakyhead. Look for a full product review in the very near future.

This event will be a little different as the weather has started to cool down.  I'm still not sure how it's going to affect the fish, but I know we will still catch a bunch.  Look for a full report tomorrow.  Hopefully with some great news.  

No comments:

Archive