April 17, 2011

A Chance for Revenge

After yesterday's BFL I was pretty disappointed with my performance, but the good thing was I didn't have to wait long to get revenge on the bass and Lake Okeechobee today was my chance.  Our club fished out of Clewiston today and we were all really excited to get over there as the fishing has been awesome lately.  The lake is getting pretty low, making for dangerous runs in certain areas, but the fish are definitely still there.  We blasted off in the fog this morning hoping to catch a 30+lb bag like we have been hearing about in recent events.

The day started off like it always does there this year with plenty of fish willing to bite. We caught a bunch of fish and had our limits pretty quick.  After our first stop I had around 9lbs of fish.  I was catching most of them on Speedworms and Skinny Dippers and went through a pile of the Magnum Speedworms today, but it was worth it.



Towards the end of the day we found some monster fish cruising.  I lost a 6+ on a Skinny Dipper and had a few follow my Death Shimmer spinnerbait and Speedworm but they wouldn't commit. On my last cast I connected with a 5.53lb fish on the Speedworm and culled a 1.25lb fish.  It was a nice upgrade to 13.29lbs, which was good for 2nd place.  The winner had close to 18lbs with a 7lb big fish so I was 2nd Big Fish and 2nd Place overall.  I'll take it...the Speedworm comes through in the clutch!




1 comment:

FHC Outdoors said...

Awesome day of fishing! Congrats to you and your friends Tyler!

Archive