April 16, 2011

The Streak Ends...


I fished the fourth BFL of the year today on Lake Toho and really struggled.  I had been on a great streak with eight straight checks in the BFL's.  I knew it would end eventually, but wished it would go on further since I was second in points.

Today, I weighed in a small limit for 6lbs 3oz and had to cull a few times to get there.  I missed several fish this morning while throwing a Skinny Dipper and finally started catching them when I went to the Magnum Ultravibe Speedworm.  I just couldn't get a big bite all day and my biggest fish wasn't even 1.5lbs.  I finished in 55th Place out of 120 or so.

I am now sitting in Fourth Place for the Angler of the Year standings but surprisingly got closer to the lead.  Going into the event I was nine points back of the lead but am now only one point away.  Four of us are grouped right at the top of the leaderboard.  Looking back I see it as a missed opportunity to gain some ground, but am glad the last tournament is on my home lake: Lake Okeechobee. Now I have to wait until October for the last event..I will have plenty of time to think about it.
Post a Comment

Archive