April 16, 2011

The Streak Ends...


I fished the fourth BFL of the year today on Lake Toho and really struggled.  I had been on a great streak with eight straight checks in the BFL's.  I knew it would end eventually, but wished it would go on further since I was second in points.

Today, I weighed in a small limit for 6lbs 3oz and had to cull a few times to get there.  I missed several fish this morning while throwing a Skinny Dipper and finally started catching them when I went to the Magnum Ultravibe Speedworm.  I just couldn't get a big bite all day and my biggest fish wasn't even 1.5lbs.  I finished in 55th Place out of 120 or so.

I am now sitting in Fourth Place for the Angler of the Year standings but surprisingly got closer to the lead.  Going into the event I was nine points back of the lead but am now only one point away.  Four of us are grouped right at the top of the leaderboard.  Looking back I see it as a missed opportunity to gain some ground, but am glad the last tournament is on my home lake: Lake Okeechobee. Now I have to wait until October for the last event..I will have plenty of time to think about it.

2 comments:

Ace2 said...

That sucks you finished in the middle of the pack, but that what makes fishing fun it changes so quick. At least some of the guys ahead of you in points finished behind you putting you closer to the top.

FHC Outdoors said...

Nice work Tyler. Like you said, you have plenty of time practice and hone your strategy.

Keep it up, we hope to see you sitting at the top in October ;)

Archive