August 30, 2011

The 2012 Elite Series Schedule - My Thoughts


Well, the 2012 Bassmaster Elite Series Schedule is finally out.  So far all of the details haven't been released regarding whether or not there will be any changes to the format, prizes, etc.  The lakes themselves look pretty interesting as there are some new places on the list and the season is spread out a little longer.

The season starts off in my home state of Florida as it revisits the St. John's River for the second consecutive year.  They had a pretty good tournament this year and there were some big fish caught.  I predict Terry Scroggins will win this event after coming close last year.

After the St. John's they head to my favorite lake, the Big O.  They are hitting it in late March and the fishing should be amazing.  The water is still low and might stay that way, so I have to warn everyone that it might not be as good as it could be with higher water and more grass to fish. I think this event will go to another Floridian, Bobby Lane.

With a month break in between, the tour goes to Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas.  I had the chance to ride on this lake when I tested my new Legend out and it was really cool.  It looked like a great lake and had some clear water and I have heard there are some big fish that live there. The lake is a relative unknown to recent competition and I think a veteran who has fished it in the past will win.  My prediction is Gary Klein will win this one.

They take a few weeks off before headed to Douglas Lake in Tennessee.  I think the Southern Open this year opened some eyes and showed how good this lake can be.  My prediction is Ott DeFoe winning it.

In June, they head back to Toledo Bend for the second year in a row.  2011 was a sight fishing event, but 2012 should be much different.  I am going to predict KVD wins this one on a crankbait pattern.

A few weeks later and the tour heads North to Wisconsin on the Mighty Mississippi.  I am happy to see them making it to a new venue and am excited to see how this one turns out.  I expect a frog pattern and think someone like Dean Rojas or Ish Monroe will win this one. Good thing they are able to cull in Wisconsin now!

The seventh stop is the most interesting as it will be held on a "mystery" lake.  I am wondering how they are going to be able to keep this as a secret with 100 anglers trying to make travel plans.  Seeing as it is around a week later than the Wisconsin stop, I believe it will be a Midwestern lake.  Any guesses on the lake?

The season ends up on Lake Oneida Lake.  Looking back at the previous stops, it was always won by largemouth guys.  My guess is Tommy Biffle winning it again.

What are your thoughts on the new schedule?  How do you feel about there being no Alabama lakes? No West Coast? What about the Carolinas?  


ELITE #1 
Dates: March 15-18 
Venue: St. Johns River 
Host: Palatka, Fla.

ELITE #2 
Dates: March 22-25 
Venue: Lake Okeechobee 
Host: Okeechobee, Fla.

ELITE #3 
Dates: April 19-22 
Venue: Bull Shoals Lake 
Host: Arkansas

ELITE #4 
Dates: May 3-6 
Venue: Douglas Lake 
Host: Dandridge, Tenn.

ELITE #5 
Dates: June 7-10 
Venue: Toledo Bend Reservoir 
Host: Many, La.

ELITE #6 
Dates: June 21-24 
Venue: Mississippi River 
Host: La Crosse, Wis.

ELITE #7 
Dates: June 28-July 1 
Venue: Mystery 
Host: Mystery

ELITE #8 
Dates: Aug. 23-26 
Venue: Oneida Lake 
Host: Syracuse, N.Y.

2 comments:

joshuwa said...

Tyler, i think the "mystery" tourney is going to set up one of the Toyota pros nicely in the AOY points race. Maybe someone who is on the outside looking in, or someone already in command of the lead looking to shut the door.

I don't think that with all of these social media and tech advances that communciation can be kept secret to the pros. Especially those with a network of contacts. Would be too easy for cities to reveal a major tourney being planned for that date.

I'm betting a Toyota pro, or pros, do very well at stop #7! Bizarre I know, but we'll see...

TBRINKS said...

Interesting thought joshuwa...so you are saying they may have a stop in Kalamazoo, MI or Runnemede, NJ?

Archive