December 10, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: Day 10 - Abu Garcia Revo SX Spinning Reel


The Revo has really changed the landscape of fishing reels, call it a "REVOlution" if you will. The addition of the Revo Premier spinning reel a few years ago was a huge upgrade to the Abu Garcia spinning reels in my opinion. Now they have added the Revo S, the Revo Inshore and the Revo SX.  I have been fishing the Revo SX this fall after drooling over it at ICAST earlier this year.  I am impressed!




Some of my favorite things about it are the improved drag system, slow oscillation technology (for better line management) and the eva grips.  Some people don't like these, but I am a big fan. They are comfortable and hold up well.  This reel retails for $159.99 and looks awesome when paired with a Villain.






No comments:

Archive