December 2, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: Day 2 - Duo Pencil 110


DUO is a company that just recently hit the shores of the U.S. after being successful in Japan for years.  The company claims they are the #1 bait brand in Japan....that's saying something.  I have seen and used all of their baits that are available in the U.S. The Pencil 110 is the one I have used the most. It might just look like a standard walking topwater bait but I think the design and features make it worth a purchase.

I am not alone, Rahfish.com just added it as one of their Most Effective Baits of the Year.  Having fished with it all summer, I can see why.  It walks with ease thanks to a unique little cup on the front.  I also like the sound. Most topwater walking baits have multiple small rattles inside, this one has one larger steel ball.  The sounds is a little different and more of a knocking sound.

The bait retails for $16.99 at TackleWarehouse and comes in some awesome colors. These four are some of my favorites.



No comments:

Archive