April 16, 2013

What's your favorite jig trailer?

I'm a big believer in selecting the right jig trailer and have plenty of favorites. I think selecting the right one is just as important as the color of jig you use. A few days ago I had the chance to interview Elite Series pro Jared Lintner about jigs for an upcoming article and he had a wide range of choices for each season. A few months ago, I interviewed Bradley Roy for an article and he said that he changes his trailers based on the season and forage in that body of water. 

I like to fish trailers with less action when the water is cold. I put away my double tail grubs and Zoom Speed Ultravibe Craw type trailers in favor of more subtle trailers that have craw-like appendages.  Here are my favorites for early season jig fishing.

Z Man Chunkz
Zoom Big Salty Chunk

How do you pick jig trailers and what are your favorites?

No comments:

Archive