May 28, 2013

The Ima Flit Family Review, Part 2: Flit 100

I just reviewed the Flit 120 and now it is time to review its little brother, the Flit 100. As you can guess, the more compact bait is not going to dive as deep and might have a little different action. I had used the 120 in the past, long before these reviews, so I had an idea of what to expect. With the 100, it was all new to me.  

The 100 size is just under 4 inches long and weighs 3/8 oz. It's really not that much smaller than the 120 but it feels like about half the size since it is thinner and more compact.

I fished this bait in the same areas as I did with the 120 and it seemed to have a slightly different action, a more compact darting instead of the more pronounced action of the larger bait. I did see a need to have both as bass are often going to be keying on different sizes of baitfish and looking for a different action.

Like I mentioned, it does not dive nearly as deep as the 120. In fact, its about half the depth. The 120 dives to 6-8 feet and this smaller version is 3-5 feet. Again, it's not bad, it's just a reason to have a fully stocked arsenal of jerkbaits.

Designed and approved by Michael Murphy

A great selection of colors, this one is Table Rock Shad

Same great components, design and finish as the 120

No comments:

Archive