December 11, 2013

2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Part 3 - Megabass Ito Vision 110 FX Tour Premium


If you are looking for the perfect gift for a friend, or even yourself, the next few weeks will be filled with some ideas. All of these products have passed my test and have been used throughout the season. You will only read about things that have passed from my testing phase to a permanent place in my arsenal.

The Megabass Vision 110 jerkbait needs no introduction. It's one of the most used (and copied) jerkbaits on the market. It is my favorite jerkbait and I was excited to hear that they were coming out with a new version. The Oneten FX has a few features that make it even better in my opinion, the biggest being the lip design.

The first is the lip design, it's actually a moving lip that moves up and down as it flies through the air on a cast. When in the water the lip is down and helps the bait to dive and dart underwater. It's really a cool concept and they claim it helps increase casting distance 15-20%, which I really believe.

Here is a little more on the lip design: The Variable Resistance Flap Bill (PAT.P) is at the heart of Megabass FX technology. This hinged bill folds in closer to the line tie during casting for a more aerodynamic profile, then flips up and down when you are jerking and pausing the bait for a more erratic “variable dynamic action.”

With all of this great technology, you still get the top quality you would expect from a bait from Megabass. My best color this year was the one pictured below Pro Blue and another one called Pro Perch that is killer for smallmouth and largemouth where I live. Tackle Warehouse carries both of my favorite colors.


Color: GP Pro Blue 2 


No comments:

Archive