December 5, 2013

2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Part 2 - Storm Arashi Crankbaits


If you are looking for the perfect gift for a friend, or even yourself, the next few weeks will be filled with some ideas. All of these products have passed my test and have been used throughout the season. You will only read about things that have passed from my testing phase to a permanent place in my arsenal.

I first saw the Storm Arashi crankbaits at ICAST. I had just heard about them a few weeks before when Brandon Palaniuk nearly won the Elite Series event using them on the Mississippi River before getting DQ'd. 

Palaniuk showing off his prized Arashi Crankbaits


These baits have several features that really stand out in the crowded crankbait market:

  • Self-tuning line tie: This is a unique feature that really works as advertised. It keeps the bait from getting out of tune and allows it to stay in the strike zone without deflecting too far away when hitting something.
  • Rotated hook hangers: This is something I had never thought of, but by changing how the hooks connect to the bait, you can get away with bigger hooks and reduce snagging some. Makes sense to me.
  • Price: A premium looking (and acting) bait for a reasonable price: $8.99 at TackleWarehouse.
These baits are well worth the price in my opinion. To me crankbaits are like soft plastics, you often need a different one for each and every different situation. With that being said, these have definitely found a place in my crankbait box.

No comments:

Archive