January 13, 2014

The countdown has begun

Next week I will be packing up and heading to Lake Havasu City, Arizona for the Rayovac (was EverStart) event with FLW Outdoors. I'm really excited and ready..although it's hard to believe it is already here. I signed up in November and thought it would be a great chance to break up the winter here in Washington and also allow me to fish my first big event as a "Pro". They call the division Professional, but I still have a hard time calling myself (or anyone) a pro until they fish the FLW Tour or Bassmaster Elite Series.

I've been to Havasu quite a few times from my days living in Las Vegas and also fished the TBF Regional there in 2008, but other than that I haven't fished it in years. At least I know how to get around and have a general idea of what I should be doing and what areas have traditionally produced winning fish.

All winter I have been stockpiling gear in preparation for this event. I have a feeling it will be a drop-shot, jerkbait and jig event and have been gearing up accordingly.

I have a few Megabass jerkbaits coming, an arsenal of Roboworms in Havasu colors and even handmade some sweet jigs with 5AliveBaits a few weeks ago.  That's all I will share for now, but I'm beyond excited.

No comments:

Archive