January 3, 2017

Dyeing Soft Plastics

Something I should really do more of is dyeing my soft plastic baits. I do it quite a bit with a creature bait like a Zoom Brush Hog around the bluegill spawn, but that's about it. I like to dye the tips of those baits with chartreuse to imitate bluegill and it works really well. 

I don't know why I don't do it more. Probably because I hate the mess. I remember a tournament fishing as a Co-Angler where I spilled some JJ's Magic on my boater's carpet. It was an accident...but it sucked. 

I discovered something in November that has me wanting to dye more baits. Mark Menendez showed me a new product that makes it easier to dye your baits and store them, but it also protects your boat from the chartreuse dye. It's called the Dyeing2Fish Dyesafe Kit. It's so simple, a box with a place to store your dyes that doubles as a safe place to dip and dry your baits. Again, so simple, but I really like the product and what it does.


Here is Mark talking about the kit:

No comments:

Archive