February 4, 2010

Finally Got Some Lazer Trokar Hooks

Well I finally ordered some Trokar hooks, just got them in the mail today.  I was a little skeptical of these due to the huge amount of hype Eagle Claw created at ICAST this year.  I have been pretty brand loyal (as they say in marketing classes) to Gamakatsu for years.  But after hearing some positive things from people I know, I had to get some.  The price is pretty steep at $9.99 for just five of them, but I hear they are worth every penny.  These things are scary sharp.  I kept reading how they are surgically precise suture needles.  That sounded pretty cool to me.  My friends say the best part about these hooks is that they last for a long time and don't seem to get dull like other brands.  This weekend I'll be fishing a club tournament on Lake Istokopoga and you can bet I'll have them tied on...please god don't let me lose one of these $2 hooks.

3 comments:

Basspastor said...

This is a bandwagon I won't be jumping on. I am not exactly anal when it comes to hook sharpness.

Anonymous said...

How did the hooks perform?

TBRINKS said...

I have mixed feelings on the hooks. I started off great with them and was hooking fish great with them. Some of them were hooked so deep it was almost hard to get the hook out. I mean deep into the hard parts of the mouth. I have found that the hook points seem to get a little easily after a few fish.

Archive