August 29, 2010

Beware of the Bully Grass Devil


It seems like everyone makes a bait for flipping and pitching. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and types. I have my favorites, but I am always looking for new baits the fish haven't seen. I finally got the chance to use the Bully Grass Devil by Power Team Lures today on Lake Okeechobee and I was really impressed with the bait. The bait is 4.5 inches and full of garlic scent like all of the other lures they make, including the Ribbon Hinge Worm I was using a few weeks ago.

The bait has a sleek profile, but it is still thick enough for the big Paycheck Punch Hooks I love to use. I was pitching and flipping it into reed clumps and holes in the hydrilla today. I was experimenting with different sizes of weights until I found out what they wanted and ended up sticking with a 3/8 oz Eco Pro Tungsten weight. It was the perfect size weight and the fish were hitting it on the fall just like they were supposed to. The bait comes in seven colors, my favorites are Junebug and Black and Blue Swirl. It looks like I have another creature bait to add to my arsenal.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will try out my thought, your post bring me some good ideas, it's truly awesome, thanks.

- Norman

TBRINKS said...

No problem, thanks for checking out the site.

Archive