October 9, 2010

Lake Istokpoga 2nd Place - Thanks Paycheck Baits

Today I fished the Fort Myers Bass Club tournament on Lake Istokpoga. This lake has always been good to me and I love going back. However, today was really tough and I only managed two fish. They were good quality fish and put me in 2nd Place (The lake limit is 3 fish). Around eight pounds won, and I had six and a half pounds. My biggest fish weighed over four pounds and came on a Paycheck Baits Repo Man topwater in the "Bone" color. This bait is impressive (check my blog this week for the full product review). I also missed another good one that jumped completely out of the water to try to eat it.

The topwater bite died quick and we started flipping and pitching. I was using my old stand-by, a 1 ounce Tungsten weight, Gas Money color Punch Skirt, Punch Stop, 4/0 Punch Hook, and a Sweet Beaver in Penetration color. I caught one decent fish pitching and missed one in the reeds. That was basically the day for me, but as you can see it was all about Paycheck Baits today. Thanks for the check Paycheck!

4 comments:

Basspastor said...

Repo Man hauled water for me today.

TBRINKS said...

I saw on your blog how you have caught a few on it. How do you like it overall?

Lloyd Gomez said...

Great work and congrats!

TBRINKS said...

Thanks Lloyd. I appreciate it.

Archive