March 3, 2011

Getting Ready For a Big Weekend

This weekend I am fishing two tournaments on two different lakes.  I'm pretty excited to fish Toho and Lake Istokpoga.  As good as Okeechobee has been lately, it's good to see what else is out there.  I'm fishing the BFL Event on Toho on Saturday and expect to be fishing a rattle trap and Carolina-rig at some point during the weekend (at least I hope to). These are two of my favorite ways to catch them and feel pretty confident anytime I'm doing this offshore in the grass.

On Sunday, I'll be fishing a lake known for some monster bass, Lake Istokpoga.  Here I plan to pitch the grass and throw a Speedworm some.  It will be a good tournament and I'm hoping to catch a big one.

I was looking back at some of my old posts and saw this one, it was one of my first few posts almost two years ago and talked about me "Getting Ready for the BFL Tournament" on the Kissimmee Chain.  It's cool to look back, and see what I was using back then.  Things have changed, I don't see a Speedworm or Skinny Dipper anywhere on there! 

I probably won't be posting anything for a few days, unless I have some great news to share and decide to post from my phone again.  

No comments:

Archive