October 2, 2011

1lb 10oz


1lb 10oz is all I could catch yesterday at the final BFL tournament of the season.  It was a disappointing day for me to say the least. I was well within reach of winning the Co-Angler of the Year after winning last year's points title.  I can't say I did anything wrong, I lost two fish but they were small keepers.  I caught a few short fish, but I didn't have the opportunity to get a limit.  I looked at the standings and saw that I would have only needed a limit to probably win the points as many of the top guys also struggled.  It only took 8.5 pounds to make the cut which shows that fishing is a little tougher this time of year on Okeechobee.  I tried not to beat myself up over it, since I have two tournaments on the lake in the next two weeks.  I will be fishing as a boater for both and will be out for revenge.  Next week I will be fishing a club tournament and the following week is the TBF State Championship.

Several of my buddies did really well and are fishing today.  I can't say I'm not jealous.  I wish I was out there again today.  Whenever I have a tough day, I am more eager than ever to get back out on the water and try to catch some fish.  Watch out next week, I was tipped of to something the fish were doing and it plays right into my strengths! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried falling asleep, waking up to catch a 5lber? It's worked before...

Archive