October 22, 2011

The Alabama Rig: You've Got to See This

I'm usually right there when something new or unique hits the bass fishing news, but I missed checking the news yesterday and missed the breaking story of a new rig called the Alabama rig.  It's been out for a while, but I have never seen it and I am like most of the field at the FLW Tour Open on Lake Guntersville who missed the news are are sitting behind four of the Top 5 in the Event who were using this crazy new rig.  I saw the news stories on FLWOutdoors, BassFan and Rich's Bassin' Blog and had to post something.  

So what is the Alabama Rig?  


It's basically a rig where you can fish five baits at once.  I have been using the "Donkey Rig" (the double fluke rig) lately and have been catching fish, but this rig makes the Donkey Rig look like a Donkey.  I am just wondering how far this trend will go.  Maybe I can rig up 10 flukes at once and catch ten fish at once and start culling after one cast of the rig.

What are your thoughts on this new rig?  Check out the video below for some more info.

Post a Comment

Archive