December 11, 2011

Great Weekend on Okeechobee


I spent this weekend fishing two tournaments on Lake Okeechobee, a Toys for Tots charity team event yesterday and a Fort Myers Bass Club tournament today.  I ended up getting a check in both tournaments.  

Yesterday was a team event and we ended up in second place out of 65 boats with a 23.52lb bag and today was a solo event and I finished 3rd with 15.01lbs. 

Besides the top finishes, one of the coolest things about this weekend was that the show Ultimate Match Fishing was out there filming this weekend. They were hard to miss, three wrapped boats with bright yellow and black cruising around the lake in a convoy.  I saw them quite a few times and they were fishing in the same general area. I don't know who all was there, but I did see from their Facebook page that Ish, Stephen Browning, Stetson Blaylock, Brent Ehrler and Jason Quinn were out there.  I can't wait to see that show since I was fishing the same time and in some of the same places they were filming.

3 comments:

Chad Leton said...

Sounds like a great weekend on the Big O! What was your primary pattern? Did you guys have to adjust Day 2 at all after Day 1's "pressure"?

Unknown said...

Doin' work! Way to go man!

TBRINKS said...

@Jody - Thanks!

@Chad - The bite was different both days, it was a little slower for me the second day and I had to expand the area a little. Most of the fish came on Zoom Ultravibe Speedworms and Gambler Big EZs.

Archive