November 28, 2012

Late Season Mixed Bag

I made one final more trip to the water last week.  It has been reasonably warm (for here) this November and the fish have been biting so I was eager to get back to the success from my last trip.  I also wanted to test out my newest rod and reel, the Abu Garcia Villain rod and Abu Garcia Revo SX spinning reel.  I didn't catch any bass but did catch a pike, crappie and multiple huge perch.  All of them on a drop-shot with a 3" Twitchtail Minnow.  My 15lb test Seaguar Kanzen braid and 6lb Seaguar Tatsu continues to hold up amazingly, even with this toothy pike on the end of the line.


As far as the rod and reel, they were amazing.  I have never owned a spinning reel other than a Shimano and have to admit I may have been missing out.  Check out the new Revo SX if you get a chance...I was very impressed.



No comments:

Archive