August 21, 2013

Night Tournament Recap: Loon Lake - 3rd Place

The Spokane Bass Club night tournament was awesome! Although I didn't win it was very fun fishing in a different format. My non-boater for the day was Dan from FHCOutdoors.com so I knew we were going to have a good time and catch some fish. 

The tournament ran from 4pm to midnight and started off pretty slow. I caught a small keeper right away but then it really wasn't very good for a few hours. We targeted docks and fished all over this little lake, even hitting some spots a few different times. Things turned around when I caught a 3.90lb bass at around 7pm. I caught it on an Eco Pro Tungsten Heavyweight Flipping jig in the color called Perfection. I trimmed the skirt way back and was using a Tiny Paca Chunk trailer, it was a nice compact size and did the trick for my biggest fish of the day. I also caught a nice keeper on one of my favorite Florida baits, a Zoom Ultravibe Speedworm. I picked it up and caught a fish on it right away but didn't get any more on it.

After the sun went down it got fun.  It started off slow on one stretch of docks, but at around 10pm we moved and the first cast Dan caught a 3.94lb fish on a jig. We started working down the bank and really got into them. I caught one, he caught one, I lost one all in one area. It was close to the ramp so other boats started fishing it for the remainder of the tournament and we never got another bite. I think we had just finally figured them out before we started running out of time. I ended up 3rd with four fish for 8.94 and Dan was right behind me with 4 fish for 7.48lbs.

3.90lbs
It took just over 10lbs to win but there were several fish in the 4 and 5lb class and the biggest fish weighed in was a 6.42lb monster.

No comments:

Archive