December 4, 2013

2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Part 1 - Shimano Chronarch CI4+


If you are looking for the perfect gift for a friend, or even yourself, the next few weeks will be filled with some ideas. All of these products have passed my test and have been used throughout the season. You will only read about things that have passed from my testing phase to a permanent place in my arsenal.

I might as well start out with one of my all time favorite reels. The Shimano Chronarch has always been known for being top quality. I own several of them dating back to the 90's. The CI4+ Chronarch beats them all and here are five reasons why:

  1. Lightweight: It weighs in at 6.5oz and is made of a new CI4+ material that is 250% stronger than the previous material.
  2. Fast: It comes in two sizes, but the one I own has a lightning fast 7.6:1 gear ratio
  3. Casting: In addition to the traditional Shimano centrifigual brake system, it also has a micro-click "SVS Infinity Casting System". This allows you to make very slight adjustments to help your casting distance. It casts very well right out of the box however. 
  4. Value: Laugh if you will, but at $269.99 I think it's a great deal. Compared to a reel of this quality or the next level up Shimano Core ($349.99+), it is a steal for how good it is.
  5. Style: It just looks awesome! Paired with a new Cumara rod, you won't find a cooler combo (in my opinion).
Besides those reasons, I have found this to be a pleasure to use. It casts great and is very smooth. Don't let the price scare you, this is a real value. It can be purchased at TackleWarehouse.com.

Stylin'

Paired with a Cumara rod





No comments:

Archive