August 11, 2015

Mojo Sportswear Playa Plaid Long Sleeve Shirt Review

If I am not on the water I am probably wearing a plaid shirt. They look good and fit my style. When I saw that Mojo Sportswear makes a plaid fishing shirt with a vented back, I wanted it. I was sent one for the following review and have to say I have been very impressed!


Before I get into the review, here are three things that stood out about this shirt:
  1. Style: I already mentioned my love of plaid and how it fits my style. Most of the "fishing shirts" on the market are comfortable, but the look reminds me of the retired snowbirds walking around during my time living in Florida. Nothing wrong with the other shirts out there, but just not my style.
  2. Comfort: Probably the coolest (no pun intended) thing about this shirt was how it felt in the hot summer sun. It's breathable and has a vented back to keep you feeling good all day long.
  3. Nearly Wrinkle-Free: I hate wrinkles as much as I hate having to iron. The Playa shirt doesn't specifically say it is wrinkle-free, but I took it out of the plastic wrapper and shipping envelope and put it right on and it was good to go. 



Here are some more features from the Mojo website.
  • 100% Technical polyester with plaid weave 
  • Lightweight breathable fabric 
  • Vented back for enhanced breathability 
  • Blood & Stain Resistant 
  • Snag resistant 
  • Moisture Wicking/Quick Drying 
  • Sun Protection Rating: UPF 30 
  • Embroidered "Mojo Hook" logo on left chest and Mojo logo on back. 
  • Square Mojo buttons
Overall it is a quality fishing shirt that allows you to fish all day in comfort. 

Pros: In addition to the three mentioned above, I like how it is stain and snag resistant. Fishing and being in a boat all day always leads to some new stains on my shirts. The SPF feature is another benefit, especially as I have started to pay more attention to protecting my skin from long-term damage. It comes in four good colors and was hard for me to pick just one.

Cons: Hard to think of any, besides maybe the cost. At $67 it is a little high, but the quality justifies the cost.

Click here to see the entire lineup of Mojo Sportswear products.

No comments:

Archive