July 6, 2016

Filling in the Map at Long Lake - Navionics SonarChart Event

Friday is the day that Long Lake will be mapped even better than it already is. I will be holding a SonarChart event on behalf of Navionics.  Feel free to join me and learn more about how to map lakes and do your part to improve the map.

I'll be launching at Riverside State Park (9 Mile) at 8:30 a.m. and will be mapping until around 3:00. Depending how many boats we get, we may have an informal bragging rights "photo tournament" to see who catches the biggest bass.  

Long Lake has been greatly improved over the past few years thanks to everyone uploading their logs, but there are still two big blue areas that haven't been mapped.  I know there is water there because I see it my Navionics Platinum card with satellite overlay. It's shallow in many of these areas, but I have fished there and know it is accessible. 

My goal is to map it all and I invite anyone who wants to help to come out with me and improve this and other areas on the lake. I'll show you just how easy it is to map the lake and if you have a WiFi enabled graph, you can see it done right before your eyes with SonarChart Live.

If you want to get a jump on things, read the Plotter Tutorial to see how easy it is.  I'll have all of the SD cards as well.



No comments:

Archive