September 16, 2010

A New Way To Peg Your Weights

I don't know about everyone else, but I peg my weights almost all of the time.  I like using the bobber stops to keep the weight from sliding up and down the line.  I have tried the toothpicks, peg-its, Tru-Tungsten Smart Pegs, etc, but I like the bobber stops the most.  I don't peg my weight 100% of the time because I think it's good to switch it up sometimes, especially when I am swimming a worm. 

When I'm flipping and pitching, I peg every time.  Paycheck Baits came out with a new product that has the same concept of the bobber stops, but also comes tapered to make them more weedless.  They are called Punch Stops.  It looks like it is also going to keep some of that slime build-up that sometimes collects on the bobber stop.  I haven't used mine yet, but I will have them rigged up next time I get the chance.


4 comments:

Russ said...

The bobber stops are awesome. Very convenient and easy to use. Downside is they are expensive (depending on your budget) and are kinda ugly looking on the rig.

An alternative is to take a piece of mono and tie a knot of your choice directly to the main line above your sinker. Its invisible underwater and the sinker can't slide past it.

TBRINKS said...

Great idea Russ. I'll have to try that when I run out of bobber stops. The Bass Pro sinker/bobber stops aren't bad price at all in my opinion. Just like these punch stops. I'll be using them tomorrow and see how they do.

Ariel Biley said...

I use something similar. It's by Decoy... Called Texas Lock. Same concept of the shape, but smaller in size

TBRINKS said...

I just checked out that Texas Lock, it's pretty cool. Your right, very similar and the same concept. Thanks Ariel!

Archive